Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Who Is the Ruler of the World? (Johannine Texts)

"Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world (νῦν ὁ ἄρχων τοῦ κόσμου τούτου) be cast out" (John 12:31)

"Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh (ἔρχεται γὰρ ὁ τοῦ κόσμου ἄρχων), and hath nothing in me"(John 14:31).

"Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged (ὅτι ὁ ἄρχων τοῦ κόσμου τούτου κέκριται)." (John 16:11).

All biblical quotes from the KJV.

Do these texts have any bearing on our understanding of 2 Corinthians 4:4?

5 comments:

Duncan said...

Luk 12:58

Duncan said...

Matthew 7:1-3

in said...

The Bloke on Trinity Delusion does a very good job of demonstrating that the God of this age is a reference to YHWH and not Satan, as in Greek it is God with definite article, rather it is referring to God's just condemnation on an apostate Jewry given over to destruction, check it out on YouTube. Peace and Love from God the Father.

Edgar Foster said...

Dear In,

I give credit where credit is due. So I would not try to diminish the work of Trinity Delusion, but I disagree with many positions he espouses and that includes his view of 2 Cor. 4:4. We've discussed the text here before, and I encourage you to consider the dissertation link I posted on this subject. I have also seen his video about the issue.

All the best,

Edgar

Edgar Foster said...

Please see http://fosterheologicalreflections.blogspot.com/2016/04/god-of-this-age-link-to-dissertation.html